Wednesday, January 20, 2010




Whinge Time

Ok well we have almost made it to 13 weeks, which is good good news. I just wish things could be normal and not stressful.

Sure the spotting has eased, but it really messed with my head from 6 week to 12 weeks. That constant feeling of wondering if the baby was going to stay or go, all the while trying to pretend that life was normal, especially at work.

My stupid badly controlled blood pressure has been all over the place. From the moment I found out I was pregnant I swapped over to an old fashioned A grade (baby safe) medication, the same that I was on with Zac. This stuff makes you tired, and coupled with the pregnancy, I feel totally exhausted. Each time they up my medication I cringe. I can only describe the feeling as swimming through mud.

To top it off I had to go and do the GTT yesterday. Normally they don't do it until 25 weeks but due to my blood sugar issues they are pretty sure I would have gestational diabetes again. Of course the specialist rang this morning with the delightful news that I had failed the test and will have to start testing my blood sugars four times day. Blah!

The only small light in the darkness is the fact that my NT scan was really positive yesterday. Bub is good, growing well and with a low risk even given my age.

So now I have that all off my chest I think I better get over it. Lets hope the second trimester is easier and less stressful.



3 comments:

Being Me said...

Four times a day?? Blurrrgh :*( I'm sorry this is plaguing you so.

But........ EEEK, oh wow Leese! Look at that little blessed miracle in there. xxx

cjtato said...

Yes, Leesa. In a perfect world we'd all be oblivious to the trials and tribulations of pregnancy and naively skip through to 40 weeks (which of course we wouldn't get to because the baby would come just a week early and spare us that overdue torture!). LOL

What a bugger that you have to go through all the GT stuff so early. But, I'm with Kirrily, look at what you've done you clever thing. Oh and I guess S played a part too. ; p

How exciting that you're little bubba is growing bigger and stronger every day! So cute!

Bridgie Didge said...

Gorgeous scan pics Leesa! :) So excited for you!!