Monday, January 18, 2010




A Little Sewing Project

For a long time now I have had envy issues with anyone who can sew. There are so many lovely things out there for those talented and patient enough do spend time behind a sewing machine. My Mum made most of our clothes when we were children and although she bought me and my sisters second hand machines, none of us have really seemed to master the concept.

Somewhere, somehow I decided that it would be a "great" idea to make Zac a sheet bag for Kindy to match his new dinosaur backpack. I hunted down some matching fabric and some cute ribbon and even managed to find a toggle for the drawstring.

Forget a pattern... I cut it all out, pulled out my old faithful machine and within a hour or so the bag was complete, finished with his name boldly on the front with an iron on transfer that we had in the craft drawer.

Maybe if I had more time I could get the hang of this sewing thing. Hmmmmmm.

2 comments:

Mel said...

That's awesome Leesa!!

alliecat said...

That is fantastic! Sewing is not that hard, so keep at it!

I have left you a little award over at my blog so if you get time, go check it out! xx