
Nursery Time
So the nursery is basically finished - I have a little bit of sewing still to do but to be honest I'm just not into it.
I really love decorating and interior design, I think it is 10 years spent in the homewares industry playing with all sorts of fabulous new products that got me started. I love playing with colour and finding different pieces that fit the theme. Just the though of getting to do a baby girls nursery sent my husband into wallet lock down!
This room was also Zac's nursery. I wanted the wall colour to remain the same as it matches in the the rest of the house but I also really wanted to use pink with white to tie into the existing furniture and trims. I didn't want anything too cute or babyish.
I fell in love with this linen from Apple and Pears and everything slowly came together. I made the butterfly mobile, designed the wall prints myself from a digital scrapbooking kit and hand-dyed the white change table mat because I couldn't find a any in pink that fit!
So here is the finished result. With a quick shot of Zac's nursery added in so you can see the change.






3 comments:
Stunning. You have seriously got an amazing eye for style! Beautiful job. And I really adore the butterfly mobile.
Oh my word! That is divine! You are so clever. Can you come help me redo the girls' room. I love it!!!!
PS. Although you'd have to wait until the decluttering is done because you wouldn't step a foot inside otherwise. ;p
Just stunning - I love your style. Are they Owly Molly prints I spy on the wall?? Lover her work :)
Post a Comment