Sunday, May 22, 2011

Home Sweet..... House

Do you love where you live?  Is it a home or is it just a house? Is it filled with memories?  Or just a place to lay your head?

For me my home is a labour of love.  Renovated over 6 years from an original 1930's weatherboard, with a toilet on the back landing and not a single tree on the small urban block. It was a slow transformation - a new kitchen, new bathroom, painted inside and out, a dream deck, planting out our tropical garden and then sprinkled with mementos of our Asian holidays.

This is the place that I bought my two little babes to fresh from the hospital. It has seen celebrations, birthdays and parties. Neighbours have become friends.  My home makes me feel safe and I love it.

Yesterday the "FOR SALE" sign went up.  The effect of his affair continues to punish the innocent.  I have to sell the home I love and cherish - the place I wanted to raise my children.  It hurts and all seems so very unfair. 

How on earth do you reprogram your mind from home to just a house?


Before






After




4 comments:

Guest said...

I came across your blog on pinterest. What you have done to the house is amazing !! You have amazing talent to making mundane things beautiful and extraordinary.
I am sorry that you have to deal with an unfaithful husband. I think he has no clue what he is losing out without you and your beautiful, adorable kids. I hope all things from here on will work in your favor. Good luck and best wishes.

Leesa said...

THank you for your beautiful comment - I really appreciate you taking the time : ) I have been avoiding this blog for a while as I focus on my weight loss. Might be time to pull myself together and revamp things again. xxx

Laurie S said...

I also came across your blog through Pinterest. Your hard work and eye for design really shows in the house transformation. You are talented and wonderful. Stay strong, and love those little ones! XOXO

Laurie S said...

I also came across your blog through Pinterest. Your hard work and eye for design really shows in the house transformation. Stay strong, and love those little ones! XOXO