Monday, March 21, 2011

SWAP - Sewing With A Plan

Ok so I seem to have lost my sewing mojo...  I think it walked out the door when all this shit hit the fan, but it is about time I picked myself up and did some of the things I truly enjoy.

The other day I read about this cool concept.  It is basically planning a number of mix and match outfits that work in together to create a wardrobe for the coming season.  I am totally into having little projects like this and what better way to get a selection of clothes for Abby for Winter!

So for the last few days I have been creating my storyboard.  Firstly I took a trip to Spotlight and spent up big on some really lovely fabric.  Second, I looked through all my patterns and links and came up with some things I would like to sew and that were age appropriate.  Then I put it all together in publisher and came up with my storyboard.

My fabrics are a selection or corduroy, fleece, (and I don't know the correct terms for the others...) jumper material and light weight stretch fabric.  Some of the patterns are going to be slightly too big but I am going to do my best to trim them down a size to fit.

So what do you think?  Ambitious?  Yes! 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, its J.JandU from EB, love the storyboard. You put a lot more info in than I did. Might have to re-do mine.

Mellita said...

Love your SWAP story board and your fabric choices! Can't wait to see your finished items.

Susan said...

I'm so glad that you are finding your sewing mojo. I think it is important to keep doing the things you love to do. I love all your pattern and fabric choices and the storyboard is so cute. Abby will be the best dressed girl in town!! Ambitious - yes! Doable? Yes, you go for it!
Susan

cjtato said...

Man! Every time I come in here I curse myself for not paying more attention in Home Ec. I have THREE girls! It could have been soo much more fun.

When are you going to start selling these sets? LOL

You are so clever! Glad you're finding the time to get back into doing something you obviously love! Can't wait to see the end result.

Nikki said...

Can't wait to see your creations.