
Well finally I made it back. Life has been busy and somehow I just haven't found the time/motivation to post.
Abby is now 14 weeks old. She is a lovely little girl. Sleepy and calm. We have had a few little things come up. She has a number of haemangioma (strawberry birthmarks) since birth but a couple of weeks ago she developed another bump under the skin on her head. An ultrasound reveled that it is also a haemangioma between the skin and her skull, which like the others, should shrink with time. The only concern now is that it is common for little ones who have a number of these marks to also develop then in their brain and kidneys so we are off for another few scans next week to rule that out. I must admit that deep down I am worried. At 14 weeks smiles are few and far between. She rarely makes eye contact. I have discussed this all with the paediatrician, he thinks it is just a matter of maturity but something just doesn't feel right. I am trying just to keep calm.
Zac is a great big brother. He adores Abby and smothers her with love and kisses. His behaviour has surprised me, there is none of the jealousy that I expected after being an only child for four years. He is helpful and very interested in all things baby. For those who have been looking for Zac's blog, I have taken it off line - we seemed to be getting a large number of views from all over the world which frightened and worried me. I haven't posted anything for ages and at this stage I think Zacarama has come to an end.
Well I have so many other things to share. A new sewing machine, issues with work and some lovely holidays, so I will be back very soon.

2 comments:
Hmmm. Go with that little alarm bell, I feel for you in this limbo of keeping calm waiting to see as she develops if something is not quite right. I had that with Lol and her gross motor movement, you might remember, for almost 2 years.
Zac sounds adorable as an older brother, what a good boy he's being. Don't blame you about Zacarama, that's a bit odd when there's been no new action but you're still getting visits?? And Abby just looks like a gorgeous little doll. What a sweet cherub.
Good luck Leesa, I will email you later but don't worry about replying if you don't get a chance. Have been thinking of you often xoxo
I hope everything is okay Leesa. Nothing worse than waiting. Good luck with it all.
She is absolutely gorgeous and Zac looks like he has settled into the big brother role extremely well!
Post a Comment