Monday, October 25, 2010




Did you know that if there is something that annoys you about your partner - they say that that trait will only get worse with age?

I think back now to our very first date. Yes that very first time we went out my dear husband lots his keys. I didn't take much notice at the time and put it down to nerves. As we got to know each other it was a common occurrence for things to magically go "missing". Everything would be dropped to search for the lost item and most times they would turn up in slightly obscure places.

But it isn't just keys, phones and sunglasses that seem to cause some kind of mind block. The other week he put the wrong kind of petrol in his company car - he didn't realise until he went to pay and the purchase was rejected on his fuel card. I was away, he was stranded, taxi charges and towing to the dealer was required - an embrassing and expensive mistake. Another time he lost the "afterhours kit" for one for the branches - the whole branch had to be re keyed.

Yesterday we went through the key hunt for yet another time. Turning the house and garden upside down search for both the house and car keys. I was tired and honestly it really tested my patience. They were found in the end in the nursery, on the floor beside the cot of the sleeping - now not sleeping baby!

I have tried to set up a set place for the keys. As well as getting myself and two kids ready to go out I also always run through the list.... "do you have your keys, wallet and sunglasses". I honestly love him to bits but just the thought of this little brain freeze trait getting worse and worse with age makes me cringe. Surely I am not the only one.... does your partner do a little something that drives you crazy? Come and share and make me feel better!

2 comments:

Being Me said...

Do I reeeeeeally need to tell you? If I start, I may not stop ;P But I hear you loud and clear and sympathise profusely. You know I do xoxo

Tracey said...

Yep, my husband does lots of things that drive me crazy, and he has a bad memory! :P