Wednesday, February 10, 2010




Boys will be boys!

My first thought, when I found out in my first pregnancy that I was having a little boy was total panic! What on earth did I know about little boys?

I was from a family of girls, Dad was the odd one out, even the cat was "fixed" - how on earth would I cope with dirt, cars, trucks, and the dreaded willy bits!

Looking back now I must admit that I was panicking way too much. Apart from the occasional fire hose wee, life with a little boy has been sweet and easy. Boys seem to develop a fascination with their bits from a early age... and as we know that continues throughout their life. But none of it really got me until last night.

Zac was playing with "snappy", a deigo crocodile that snaps his mouth open and shut and I promised him that he could have him in the bath to which he was delighted. After the bath there he was sitting in all his glory with snappy, snapping away at his willy and Zac trying to fit as much of his bits into the crocodiles mouth as possible. Honestly I had to stop myself from laughing the house down. I made the quick decision to ignore, after all, to draw attention to the act would only encourage it further.

So I guess this is the beginning of the end - and boy I never knew how stretchy those things could really be!

3 comments:

Being Me said...

How did I know how that was going to turn out as soon as you said it snapped its mouth open and shut and you promised he could use it in the bath..... How FUNNY!!!

Hope you're feeling well (and well rested), much love xxx

Mel said...

Ah yes, bath time is a world of possibilities LOL. Once they discover it, it never stops! Oh and yeah, suer stretchy hey!

alliecat said...

How funny! Somehow I could see that coming too. I don't have boys but am surrounded by gf's with boys, and they all do it, stretch them like there is no tomorrow. Maybe that is where the obsession with size comes from - an early age!