Saturday, November 28, 2009




The Transformation

So here is the finished room! Well almost - we have a few little bits to complete but you won't notice!

As mentioned below we fixed the ceilings, then added cornice, new paint, furniture and block out curtains. I played around for ages with the layout, all of the windows made it really hard to fit all of the storage in, until I came up with the idea of building around the window. I am so happy with the result.

All the furniture is from Ikea except for the bed. The beautiful linen is from Whimsy and I love the fact that it is boyish and bold without being too childish. I've had a great time collecting the red accessories and all the storage is just fantastic, we have a place for everything.

So if anyone needs some help with decorating a child's room, just drop me a note and I will see what I can do to help!









6 comments:

cjtato said...

Looks fabulous Leesa!! Great job!!!

Peta said...

OMG Leesa it looks amazing, I LOVE the attention to detail...I LOVE the white and I LOVE the doona!

Brilliant job xx

Simpsonslover said...

It's just beautiful! You're so lucky you have that added character to play off, as well, with the panelled walls. The drapes are lovely and simple, which make the other detailed things really stand out.

Hey what's that red scroll? With the cars on it? (is it like a pin board?)

Leesa said...

Thanks for the comments : ) The red scroll is a magnetic board from ikea. It now has letters on it too which are lots of fun.

Bridgie Didge said...

Wow Leesa it all looks fantastic! I really love the storage around the window - a great idea! It's a room Zac can grow with. Well done!

Mel said...

What a fantastic room Leesa! Your interior decoating skills are amazing!