
Weekend Memories
This long weekend has been such an amazing one. The invitation to join three other women for a girly weekend in Melbourne has been a wonderful experience with memories that will stay with me forever.
Four unique people each from different walks of life. Sharing our stories, our families, our interests, entwining our lives and connecting with raw honesty and pure emotion.
In my mind I imagine this past weekend as a beautiful handmade quilt. Each piece loving sewn together – a sight to behold. Each square would depict a different moment in time. Chatting non-stop in our PJ’s near the fireplace in K’s lounge. Window shopping on Bridge Road. Posing for photos outside the face of Luna Park. Intimate dining at a beautiful restaurant called Elbow Room. Doing each other’s hair and makeup as we headed out for a night on the town. Dancing to the funky live music at The Vineyard. Sleeping in. Devouring a big cooked breakfast in Acland Street. Wandering the St Kilda Esplanade Markets and gooing in delight at the talented artisans. Choosing a selection of magnificent cakes from the window of an Acland Street patisserie. Browsing the shelves of books in Borders. Late night pyjama parties filled with deep conversations.
Thank you so much for sharing this with me, I’ll never forget it. xoxox
.jpg)
.jpg)

1 comment:
I love your account Leesa! Particularly comparing it to a handmade quilt. Beautiful and so true. I am so glad we have these memories together.
Post a Comment