Monday, April 6, 2009




Back to Work Blues

You know that feeling, the sombre realisation that you have to go to work and your holiday is over. For the last few days I’ve been ok – after all we had a fantastic holiday, but my dear husband has been as blue as blue could be.

His moping began almost as soon as the plane touched down and day by day it has got worse. At first I was encouraging, cheering him on, telling him that he needed to cheer up. But the mood continued. It was pathetic really and it was starting to really piss me off. He should be thankful, renewed, energised and happy. But he was none of these things.

I am hoping now we have been back to work today, that the mood will lift and blues will end otherwise I am really not sure what to do next. Here's hoping the Easter Bunny will put a bounce back into his step.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Oh I feel for you both! Hope he comes home in a better mood for you. If not...maybe time for a change? Either that or win the lotto and holiday permanantly. Now wouldn't that be nice!

Being Me said...

Isn't it strange, that thud one can come back with after a holiday? I felt it last time we came back too.

Hope the dear Husband has shaken off that mood, there is nothing worse for the partner to live with (note to self.... a-herm).