
Performance Review
It is that time of the year, performance review time, well our mid year ones anyway. Yuck – gosh I hate them. They are always a critical look over how you are going with your set objectives and a chance to win or lose some brownie points with the boss. Have I mentioned that I don’t really like my boss?
So there we are in a coffee shop… I don’t even drink coffee… and we start trudging through the head office issued form… blah blah blah, tick, good, bad, bullshit a bit, crap on a bit more. About 20 minutes into the review, the boss turns to me and says… “So when are you going to be having another baby?”…… What the?!?! I stop for a moment totally stunned. I mean, we both have families and we do occasionally have a ‘child chat’, but this really caught me off guard. I sort of shrug and throw the question right back at him. The moment passes after some uneasy nervous laughter and after an hour the review is finished.
Looking back I am still in shock over the comment, after all I never that thought that my work review would include a reference to my baby making performances! Maybe I should come in late some mornings from now on, after all gotta get some more baby dancing in to improve my mark on my review.

1 comment:
Ha! Good point. And maybe mess up your hair a little in the back just to reeeeally drive the point home...
How odd of him to be so bold as to ask. That's some performance review ;P
Post a Comment